Join The Chorus
My son's singing has gotten better each single year...he feels very proud to be a part of the Boston Children's Chorus
How to GET VOCAL and JOIN US.
We are ecstatic that you are interested in joining the Boston Children's Chorus.
A singer's acceptance is based on their age, skills, maturity, and availability. Auditions are laid back and only take 5-10 minutes. Singers will be asked to perform simple pitch-matching exercises, sing scales, and sing a song of their choice.
2015-2016 AUDITION AND REGISTRATION TIMELINE
- March 1, 2015: Applications and auditions go live. Check back for a link!
- May 8-9, 2015: Auditions begin for 2015-2016 season
- May-August 2015: Placements announced, registration opens, auditions continue
- August 15, 2015 - Last opportunity to audition for the 2015-2016 season.
- August 16, 2015 and beyond - Please email us to discuss the opportunity to audition. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Auditionees must be between the ages of 7 and 18.
- Auditionees must turn 7 years old by December 31, 2015.
- No prior musical training is necessary.
- A prepared piece is not required; however, if you have one, this is fine.
- Audition process is quick and simple.
Placement will be determined based on availability, skills, and maturity.
Auditions are informal and take only ten minutes, and no prepared material is required. However, they can certainly sing something they've prepared. Singers ages 7 to 18 will be placed into one of twelve beginner, intermediate or advanced level choruses. Boston Children's Chorus is a professional level performing chorus that tours nationally and internationally, and encourages students to excel musically, develop self-confidence, and build their community throughout greater Boston.
Additional questions can be directed to:
Erick R. Lopez
Manager of Programs