Join The Chorus
GET VOCAL and JOIN US.
We are ecstatic that you are interested in joining the Boston Children's Chorus.
Auditions are laid back and only take 5-10 minutes. Singers ages 7 to 18 will be asked to perform simple pitch-matching exercises, sing scales, and sing a song of their choice. A singer's acceptance into the chorus is based on their age, skill, maturity, and schedule availability. Singers will be placed into one of our beginner, intermediate or advanced choir levels. Please carefully read the steps to audition and requirements and make note of the important audition/registration dates. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
STEPS TO AUDITION
- Step 1: Apply - Fill out the audition application form and select an audition date and time -- click HERE for the application
- Step 2: Audition - You will select your prefered date and time during the application process.
- Step 3: Acknowledge - Placements will be announced between May and August. Acknowledge our invitation by registering using the instructions provided.
- Auditionees must be between the ages of 7 and 18.
- Auditionees must turn 7 years old by December 31, 2015.
- No prior musical training is necessary.
- A prepared piece is not required; however, if you have one, we would love to hear it.
2015-2016 IMPORTANT AUDITION/REGISTRATION DATES
- March 1, 2015: Audition Applications go live.
- May 8-9, 2015: Scheduled auditions at BCC Central (application and appointent are required) -- for directions to BCC Central click HERE
- May-August 2015: Placements announced, registration opens
- August 15, 2015 - Last opportunity to audition for the 2015-2016 season*
*A limited number of auditions will take place during the summer months. Please contact us directly to schedule auditions during the months of June, July, and August. We cannot accomadete walk-in auditions. firstname.lastname@example.org
The Boston Children’s Chorus (BCC) is a creative social integration organization that unites area children ages 7-18 across differences of race, religion, and socioeconomic status. We help them discover the power of singing and transcend social barriers in a celebration of shared humanity and love of music. Our focus is not on one specific community, but the energy of the intersection of all our communities. We bridge Greater Boston’s many diverse groups and foster a sense of belonging and inclusion. Through intensive choral training and once-in-a-lifetime performance experiences locally, nationally, and around the world, BCC enhances the education and social development of youth as future leaders and global citizens in the 21st century.
Additional questions can be directed to:
Director of Programs