Conductor of In-School Programs
Title: Conductor of In-School Programs
Reports to: Recruitment Manager
Hours: Full-time, including some weekends and evenings for performances and special events.
Boston Children’s Chorus will launch multiple in-school choir programs for the 2022-2023 season. The primary responsibility of the Conductor of In-School Programs includes planning and teaching choir programs for key partnerships during the school day. In addition to providing direct instruction, the Conductor of In-School Programs will support BCC’s recruitment initiatives including school workshops, pop-up choirs, and placement sessions. An integral part of the program team at BCC, the Conductor of In-School Programs will not only play a critical role in shaping BCC’s engagement with in-school activities, but will also contribute to the programmatic objectives of BCC’s afterschool offerings. The Conductor of In-School Programs is vital to BCC’s next phase of growth and will be key in expanding access to a mission-centered, culturally responsive, and inspiring choral experience for children and youth throughout Greater Boston.
- Co-define learning goals and performance outcomes for annual in-school partnerships
- Co-design BCC’s in-school program curriculum, working closely with the Recruitment Manager and Associate Director of Choirs
- Lead up to 4 weekly rehearsals for BCC’s annual in-school programs
- Regularly liaise with school partnership personnel to update on singer progress towards learning objectives
- Plan and execute 2 in-school concerts for each school program
- Coordinate with production team to feature in-school programs in BCC’s major concerts
- Support the recruitment manager in preparing and leading key in-school initiatives, including pop-up choirs and one-time workshops
- Support the recruitment manager in tracking and staffing workshop, pop-up choirs and placement sessions
- Support programming design and execution for BCC Summer
- Meet with the program and artistic leadership to regularly deliver verbal and written progress updates on key BCC recruitment initiatives
- Provide written reports on in school programs for board and marketing communications
- Meet with development team to report on progress towards education, recruitment, and enrolment goals in school programs
- Develop singer-program surveys to measure participant satisfaction and experience in school choir programs
- Provide administrative and instructional support for all major self-produced concerts
- Provide administrative and instructional support for all major choir activities including retreats, tours, and all-choir rehearsals
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in music or equivalent experience preferred
- Bilingual written and verbal proficiency in English and Spanish preferred
- Proven success with recruitment for a choral music program or youth arts program
- Minimum 2-4 years of direct experience and demonstrated success as a choral music educator
- Minimum 2-4 years of knowledge and direct experience of Kodály, Gordon, and/or other singing-based methodology
- Knowledge of choral techniques, vocal pedagogy, and a broad range of choral repertoire for a children’s choir
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, especially public speaking and written skills
- Strong administrative and computer skills required
- The right candidate will be a capable, independent worker with strong entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Commitment to BCC’s mission and values of quality, diversity, inclusion, social inquiry, cultural equity, and the potential of transformative philanthropy
Salary range for the role of Conductor of In-School Programs at Boston Children’s Chorus is $50,000 - $55,000 annually. BCC offers a competitive benefit package including health insurance, 403(b) employer contributions, generous PTO, short term disability, and more.
HOW TO APPLY
For immediate consideration submit a letter of interest and resume to: Irene Idicheria, Boston Children’s Chorus, 20 Old Colony, 2nd Floor, Boston, MA 02127 or email email@example.com. Please apply by August 19, 2022.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
Boston Children's Chorus seeks to engage and retain a diverse workforce who represent the diversity of our singers and community in the City of Boston. BCC affirms the plurality of lived experiences amongst staff and seeks to elevate and center the experiences of those who have been marginalized and disenfranchised by systems of oppression. BCC encourages all to apply and will not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender and gender expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.