Title: Development Assistant
Reports to: Development Operations Associate
Boston Children’s Chorus harnesses the power of music to connect our city’s diverse communities, cultivate empathy and inspire social inquiry. Children, ages 7–18, come together across differences of race, religion, and socioeconomic status in a celebration of shared humanity and love of music. We focus on the energy at the intersection of the many different identities represented across BCC singers. BCC bridges Greater Boston’s many diverse groups and fosters a sense of belonging and inclusion. Through intensive choral training and once-in-a-lifetime performing experiences locally, nationally, and around the world, BCC enhances the education and social development of youth as future leaders and global citizens in the 21st century.
JOB SUMMARY AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Development Assistant plays a critical role on the Development Team, ensuring the efficiency of organizational fundraising efforts and contributing to the growth of the donor base. The Development Assistant provides essential support to the development team by processing gift information, conducting monthly reconciliations, preparing acknowledgment letters, and ensuring database maintenance and integrity of donor and prospect data.
- Provides administrative support to the Development Team and Executive Director (scheduling, filing, drafting correspondence, etc.)
- Assists Director of Development in creating, documenting, and implementing protocols and procedures for day-to-day Development operations
- Provides exceptional customer service to all BCC patrons in person, via phone, and through email
- Assists in the logistics of donor site visits, board meetings, and other events or meetings that require significant planning and execution
- Ensures the Development team is equipped with essential tools by monitoring all subscriptions to key publications and professional services and maintaining inventory of letterhead, envelopes, and other stationery
- Help maintain a positive, productive, and collaborative work environment
- Drafts timely thank you notes & other donor correspondence for Development staff/Executive Director
- Issues acknowledgment letters with appropriate tax information, and updates templates on an annual basis
- Ensures pledge payments are received according to gift installment plans and issues pledge reminders
- Assist with prospect research on individual, foundation, and corporate donors to support donor cultivation and stewardship Data Entry and Management
- Maintains cleanliness of constituent records in Raiser’s Edge, including creating new donor records, updating existing records, updating appeal codes, uploading donor research, etc.
- Generates established reports on a weekly basis for Development Department and Individual Giving meetings
- Updates event records in order to accurately track donor engagement with BCC’s concerts, cultivation, stewardship, and fundraising events
- Provides accurate lists needed for e-mail campaigns, development communications, annual reports, and event invitation lists
- Acts as a liaison with Finance to reconcile revenue figures on a monthly basis to ensure accurate management of data for contributed revenue
Direct-Mail Program Management
- Provides project management for Annual Giving/Membership direct-mail program, including identifying themes, establishing and implementing timeline, and authoring/commissioning letter content in partnership with leadership and other staff
- Leads audience segmentation analysis in conjunction with Development team to increase the effectiveness of the mail-in program
- Manages and maintains all vendor relationships (graphic designer, printer, mail house, etc.) related to direct-mail campaigns
- Commitment to BCC’s mission and core values, social justice, and youth empowerment
- Impeccable attention to detail, and clarity, both in written and numerical forms
- 1 or 2 years of work experience a plus
- Experience in non-profit administration, fundraising, and/or project management highly preferable
- Must be able to work independently, contribute to team efforts, adapt to changing priorities, and meet deadlines
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills, keen attention to proofing and editing
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office required, especially Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge or similar CRM preferred
The salary range for the role of Development Assistant at Boston Children’s Chorus is $45,000 annually. BCC offers a competitive benefits package including health insurance, 403(b) employer contributions, generous PTO, short-term disability, and more.
HOW TO APPLY
For a more detailed description, please visit https://www.bostonchildrenschorus.org/join-us/job-opportunities. For immediate consideration submit a letter of interest, resume, and three references to: Irene Idicheria, Managing Director via email at email@example.com, 20 Old Colony Avenue, Boston, MA 02127
Boston Children's Chorus seeks to engage and retain a diverse workforce who represent the diversity of our singers and community in the City of Boston. BCC affirms the plurality of lived experiences amongst staff and seeks to elevate and center the experiences of those who have been marginalized and disenfranchised by systems of oppression. BCC encourages all to apply and will not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender and gender expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.