Video Editor and Designer
Reports to: Marketing & Events Manager
Hours: Full-time Term Position until June 30, 2021
The Video Editor and Designer reports to the Marketing & Events Manager and will work closely with the artistic staff and outside event partners on content production.
The Video Editor & Designers primary responsibility will be to assist Boston Children’s Chorus in the production of new online content. They will work closely with the Marketing & Artistic teams to plan and develop content from short social media clips, to full 5 minute videos: such as Virtual Choirs, Full-Length Online Concerts, Documentary Style Interviews, Graphics and Transitions and Promotional Videos. In Addition to the technical ability to curate and produce content, we are seeking someone who is an independent, self-sufficient, highly motivated creative thinker and problem solver. They will be able to guide and direct BCC’s vision into impactful online stories.
- Conceptualization, production, and execution of new video content
- Collaborate with external event partners to strategies, design, and storyboard full season of events
- Curate backlog of video session into shareable content
- Collaborate with Artistic team in the development and production of all content for our virtual events
- Adhere to brand guidelines and integrate with BCC’s season theme
- Assist in the creation of promotional materials for online programs and events
- Deliver high-quality content in an efficient and timely manner
- Bachelor’s degree in Film Production or related field
- Experience with Final Cut X, Logic X and the Adobe Suite, specifically Adobe Premiere, After Effects & Photoshop
- Highly Proficient in aspects of video editing, color grading, sound design and mastering for delivery across multiple platforms
- Experience editing both short-form and long-form content (8mins+)
- Experience with audio mixing and mastering
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Highly collaborative team member
- The right candidate will be a capable, independent worker with strong entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple aspects of large projects
- Experience with Performing Arts, Non-Profit, or youth Organizations a plus
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
The position may require evening and weekend hours.
Salary range for the role of Video Editor and Designer at Boston Children’s Chorus is $45,000 to $55,000, annually. BCC offers a competitive benefit package including health insurance, 403(b) employer contributions, generous PTO, short term disability, and more.
HOW TO APPLY
For a more detailed description, please visit https://www.bostonchildrenschorus.org/join-us/job-opportunities. For immediate consideration submit a letter of interest, portfolio or samples of your work and resume to: Patrick Hanafin, Marketing & Events Manager firstname.lastname@example.org, 20 Old Colony Avenue, Boston, MA 02127
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
Boston Children's Chorus seeks to engage and retain a diverse workforce who represent the diversity of our singers and community in the City of Boston. BCC affirms the plurality of lived experiences amongst staff and seeks to elevate and center the experiences of those who have been marginalized and disenfranchised by systems of oppression. BCC encourages all to apply and will not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender and gender expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.