Music & Movement for ages 4-6
Join us for four weeks of fun-filled music and movement with Boston Children's Chorus. Delivered online and designed for children ages 4-6, each session will include singing, dancing, rhythm activities, storytelling, games, and more! Parents and caregivers are encouraged to participate with their child and join in the fun. Get ready for the joy of artistic exploration and discovery!
Free Session with Boston Children's Museum
On Saturday, March 6th, instructor Rubi Lichauco held a Facebook Live Music and Movement session—a free sneak preview for the upcoming classes. Check it out!
Goals for Children
Children will participate in activities to lay the foundation for developing the following musical skills
- Rhythm: feeling the pulse and meter of music
- Singing: exploration of sounds and exposure to varied tunes and tonalities
- Children will experience music representative of the world's cultures in the following ways
- Attentive listening
- Musical games and stories
- Singing and playing with found sounds
- Saturday, March 20, 10:00 –10:30 am
- Saturday, March 27, 10:00-10:30 am
- Saturday, April 3, 10:00-10:30 am
- Saturday, April 10, 10:00-10:30 am
Registrations must be complete by March 19.
Participants must turn 4 by March 20, 2021
Meet Your Instructor: Rubi Lichauco!
Now well into her second decade of spreading her love of music and movement among pre-schoolers in the Greater Boston area, Rubi Lichauco continues to engage her students with a seemingly endless supply of simple songs, movement, finger play, games, and song tales. Rubi now spreads education disguised as entertainment through zoom, reaching audiences of up to a hundred participants at a time. She is certified in Feierabend's First Steps in Music and Lynn Kleiner’s Music Rhapsody Music Program. Years of curating songs, dances, stories, and games have given Rubi the ability to spontaneously vary the material that consistently engages her young audiences. Most important of all, Rubi's enthusiasm and expertise provide her students with a magical springboard for diving into the world of music.